Monday, March 15, 2010

And Now All This

Some while ago I bought Eoin Colfer’s Part Six of Three of the Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I decided to re-read Mostly Harmless before reading this new episode. I hadn’t read Mostly harmless for quite some while and was surprised by how down beat it was. It seems that Douglas Adams had almost had enough of Arthur Dent and hence the book ends with the “final” destruction of Earth in all its probabilities - no chance for any sequels then! I felt that MH was disappointing.

So what about “And Now All This”?

Well I am only up to Chapter Three but it is good. It does follow on from the end of MH, in a very Douglas Adamsish way, it brings back those lovely Guide interruptions, which read as if DA had written them himself, and it well constructed and funny!

I don’t know if there will be any more, but all our favourite characters are safe in Eoin Colfer’s hands.

No comments: